The Wonderful Weaver--OB diagramming typo?

This board is for discussion of Classical Writing - Homer. CW - Homer teaches writing, analysis, and imitation by working through longer narratives.

The Wonderful Weaver--OB diagramming typo?

Postby dovrar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but in the diagramming for The Wonderful Weaver not all of the words for the sentence are diagrammed in the answer portion of the teacher's guide. Here's the sentence: "She wove a web of marvelous beauty so thin and light that it could float in the air, yet so strong that it could hold a lion in it's meshes." The words "so strong that" and the "a" before lion are not diagrammed. Is there somewhere that I can find the correct diagramming of this sentence. I think we figured it out, but I'd like to be sure. I also thought it might be helpful for anyone else who comes across this in the teacher's guide.

Debbie
dovrar

Re: The Wonderful Weaver--OB diagramming typo?

Postby admin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:04 pm

It was an unplanned omission. If you'd like a pdf of the corrected diagram, drop us an e-mail. Otherwise, you can look http://www.classicalwriting.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=378 to see what goes where.

Carolyn
admin
Site Admin

Postby ccinIdaho » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Carolyn,

I'm not sure where to email you for a diagram of this sentence. I looked at the link for the correction but am confused how "so strong" is connected to "and yet" and "it could hold." Would you be able to email the correct diagram?

Also, could "so strong" come off the main line (after "web" and past the junction for "so thin and light" as an adjective directly off of web and not so connected to the thin and light strand?

Thank you,
C.C.
ccinIdaho

Postby admin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:45 am

'So strong' does indeed modify web. The diagram is on its way to your e-mail.

Carolyn
admin
Site Admin

Postby dovrar » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:46 am

admin wrote:It was an unplanned omission. If you'd like a pdf of the corrected diagram, drop us an e-mail. Otherwise, you can look http://www.classicalwriting.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=378 to see what goes where.

Carolyn

Could you please e mail the pdf?

Thanks,
Debbie

PS Is there an errata section on the website at all?
dovrar

Postby admin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:03 pm

I'll e-mail it to you, Debbie.

We don't have an errata page for the website. It's a good idea, though, and we may look into adding one.
admin
Site Admin

Postby dovrar » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Never received the e mail.
dovrar

Postby Carolyn » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:15 am

I just e-mailed it again, to the yahoo address you've got listed with your board account. I hope it arrives!
Carolyn

Return to Book II: Homer --- Narrative Writing