Adam and Eve: A reporter's investigation by a 12-year old

Share your child's writing project here. Let us know if you would like feedback..

Adam and Eve: A reporter's investigation by a 12-year old

Postby Parrothead922 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:27 pm

My dd wrote this a few months ago. We have since moved on from Homer to Maxim.

Final Draft
How Adam and Eve left the Garden

On Monday day 8 year 0 this reporter found a gate in the middle of nowhere in a jungle. It was a gate locked with a Cherub with a flaming sword guarding it. This reporter wanted to know what had happened so she gathered clues and this is what she found.

I called the God and asked for an interview. God said, “The man can now be like us if he also eats from the tree of life. This is why kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden and sent Cherubim and a flaming sword to guard the tree of life.”

I wanted know more. I called Adam and Eve to get their side of the story.

“Earlier in the day during the cool of the evening we heard God walking through the garden and went to hid themselves in the bushes, Adam retells his story.

God called to the man saying, “Where are you?”

Adam said, “I was scared because I was naked and I hid myself.”

God asked me, “Who said you are naked? Did you eat the fruit from the tree I said not to touch?”

Adam replied, “The woman made me do it.”

Eve spoke up and said, “The snake tricked me.”

“The serpent and I were talking and the serpent said “Did God say you shall not eat from any tree in the garden.”

I replied, “We may eat fruit of the trees in the garden but God said you shall not eat of the fruit in the middle of the garden nor shall you touch it or you shall die.” And the serpent told me, “You will not die for God know that when you eat of it your eyes shall be opened and you shall be like God knowing good and evil.”

So in conclusion the snake tricked Adam and Eve into eating the fruit so that’s why there is a cherub with a flaming sword guarding the gates to Eden.
Parrothead922

Return to Share Your Child's Writing Project