Restarting 7th Grade after completing Aesop B & Homer A

This is a board for specific questions regarding Classical Writing for those who have not purchased any books in our series yet.

Restarting 7th Grade after completing Aesop B & Homer A

Postby Liz Wilson » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:07 am

I'm needing advise on what to do with my 7th grade daughter; we completed Aesop B in 4th & Homer A in 5th. Due to health/family issues last year, we did not continue with Homer B. Now I'm wondering how to pick up again. I was thinking the Older Beginners would act as a review & catch us up. I feel that some review is very necessary since I wasn't the most disciplined when we were doing the CW program. I really want to get back on track & I plan to use CW with my other 4 little ones in the future so I am committed, I just need to get back on track for now & am not sure just how that will look. Please give me your recommendations!! I already have the books for Homer B but I'm wondering if it would be worth the investment to go ahead & purchase the Older Beginners & another Harvey's workbook. I'm on a tighter time schedule than ever so I really need to know just what I'm doing. If I were to try to just review I'm not sure how to do that. I want to make sure she understands what she is doing & doesn't get frustrated... again! Thanks so much for your attention!

Liz Wilson
Liz Wilson

Re: Restarting 7th Grade after completing Aesop B & Homer A

Postby admin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:42 am

You could go either way. The Older Beginners book is a condensation of the Aesop and Homer workbooks; she won't see any new stories if you go that route. One option is re-work a few lessons from Aesop, then skip your way through Homer A in several lessons before moving on to Homer B and going at a more normal pace. The Older Beginners book would put all the review and new material into one place, though, in a new workbook.
admin
Site Admin

Return to IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING CLASSICAL WRITING....